Back in 1996, Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith launched the first web-based email website that offered free services. Anyone with a valid internet connection can send and receive an email at any time. Later on, in 1997, Microsoft purchased this site and renamed it to MSN Hotmail.
Microsoft started doing experiments to improve its features, and then in 2012, it was renamed to Microsoft Outlook. This change took a whole year to compile, and during this period, different experiments were carried out to improve the functionality of Windows live Hotmail or simply Outlook.
Now Microsoft has improved its features and claimed to have over 400 million active users. Microsoft Outlook offers many amazing features like calendar, contacts, bill payment, and travel reminders, etc. All other security features are also available. Here in this article, we will restrict our discussion towards how to log out of your Hotmail account.
How To Log Out Of Your Hotmail Account?
It is very easy to log out of your Hotmail or outlook account from a PC or a smartphone. Like other email services, the procedure to log out of your account is the same and not difficult at all. Just follow the procedure discussed below to log out of your Hotmail or Microsoft Outlook account.
On Mobile Phone:
- Open ‘Settings’ and then tap on ‘accounts’.
- Then click on the outlook or Hotmail email that you want to remove or logout.
- If you want to logout through the browser, then simply visit www.outlook.com and click on the logout option.
- Now you have logged out of your Hotmail account successfully.
- Visit www.outlook.com and wait so that the interface of the site appears before you.
- Now click on the upper right side on the username to open the menu box.
- Here you will see the option of the sign-out. Click on the sign-out and continue.
- Now you have successfully logged out of your Hotmail account.
How Do You Find The Options Menu In Hotmail?
After the recent update of Microsoft Outlook, it has moved the option of the menu from its regular place. Microsoft is updating its outlook to provide a user-friendly interface and proper functionality. But after its latest update, many people have complained that now they can’t find the menu box.
Now, if you want to find the Options menu, then click on the Gear icon present on the upper right corner of the screen. After clicking that option, select More Mail Option. This will lead you to the full list of additional options that will optimize your account. The process of logging out is the same as that before the update of Microsoft Outlook.